Blue Diamond Recruitment (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which we handle. Personal information refers to information or an opinion about an identifiable individual.
Principles & Guidelines:
Collection of Personal Information – We will only collect personal information which is directly relevant to our recruitment process (full or part time positions), which is received from clients, Candidates, or any other third party.
If you are a Candidate, you acknowledge and agree that we may hold the following information about you:
- Name, address, telephone number(s), date of birth, email address;
- Details about your current & history employment positions;
- Details of the position you are applying for;
- Details of any qualifications or licenses held by you;
- The hours of the week during which you are available to work;
- Details of your current immigration status; Details of any disability, medical condition or illness that may affect your ability to perform the duties that are required of the position you are applying for (“Health Information”);
- Details of any conviction, spent or otherwise, or criminal offence involving dishonesty, violence or dangerous driving (“Sensitive Information”) which in our reasonable opinion is considered relevant for any prospective position for which the Candidate may be presented;
- Any additional information contained in your resume, correspondence to us, any interviews you may have with us, or any additional information that you have otherwise provided to us;
- Details relating to or arising from a police check on you (“Sensitive Information”) if required by law (eg. The Estate Agents Act (1980) or a client; and
- Any personal information provided by a nominated referee.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services. Please contact us upon the contact details provided if this is the case.
If you provide us with any Sensitive Information (including health information) about you, or any such information is obtained by us at any stage, then you acknowledge and agree that we may:
- Use your Sensitive Information (including health information) for recruitment purposes; and
- Disclose your Sensitive Information (including health information) to clients solely for recruitment purposes.
If at any time you provide personal information relating to a third party to us, it is assumed unless you indicate otherwise, that that third party has expressly consented to their personal information being provided to us and that you have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the third party is made aware of:
- The fact that their information will be disclosed to us together with our contact details;
- The purpose for which we may use their personal information;The persons or types of organisations to which we usually disclose such information;
- The main consequences if the third party does not provide their personal information (if any);
- Any law that requires the information to be collected; and
- Their right to gain access to that information.
Where relevant and appropriate in the circumstances we will obtain your consent prior to contacting any third parties, such as referees, for information.
How we use your information:
Your personal information will only be used by us to enable us to consider you for employment, to provide you with the services you have requested, to enable us to facilitate the recruitment process, for any purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your personal information or to meet legislative requirements.
We also use your personal information for the ordinary administration of our business. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose (other than those detailed above) unless we have obtained your prior consent, or as required or authorised by law.
We will not disclose your personal information to a third party, except upon a confidential basis to agents that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing, in accordance with the law, or with your consent, or if the disclosure is required by law.
Candidates will be informed of:
Any other purposes for which their personal information, collected in connection with their application, will be used (which may include retention for consideration in relation to future vacancies).
- Any other persons or organisations to which their personal information may be disclosed in connection with their application;
- Any law that requires collection of their personal information; and
- The consequences, if any, if the personal information is not provided.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us, other than as required for the operation of our business. If you do not want to receive promotional material from us, then please let us know.
Access and Correction
You may request access to any personal information that we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer on the details provided below.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you may access it (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you, or allowing you to view the information or take notes from the information).
Depending on the circumstances, a small charge may apply for costs involved in providing you with access to your personal information.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request the amendment of it. Any such request will be reasonably considered, yet if we determine that there are no grounds which would otherwise require amendment, we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Security and Storage of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, however, we are not responsible for the practices of third parties (such as our clients) to which we disclose personal information.
Personal records will be held in a secure, protected location. All computer held information will be protected by password security codes.
Upon placement of an appropriate candidate, we will destroy any duplicate copies of personal information about unsuccessful candidates. You acknowledge and agree that we may retain your personal information (including your resume) on file, to inform you of other positions you may be interested in applying for in the future.
References to “ Blue Diamond Recruitment”, “we”, “us” and “our” are to Blue Diamond Recruitment Pty Ltd (ABN 60 637 988 991), which has issued this policy. References to “you” are to candidates for positions of employment with a client of Blue Diamond Recruitment.
This policy represents our policy as at July 2019. We may change this policy from time to time without notice. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Blue Diamond Recruitment in any way.
From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside this policy, subject only to any legal obligations we have to you or under any law, including the Privacy Act.